Apps on BCPS Devices

Lessons Learned As A Wimpy ITRT


May 3, 2010 Read below if you didn't have a chance to read my first blog entry....Since that first week I've learned that a Blackberry is all what it is cracked up to be. If you don't believe me, then visit their site. My blackberry does have a rock-you ringtone thanks to Matt. I've learned that Technology Rocks when you have a great group of talented team-members that will help you at a minute's notice. I've learned that Technology Rocks when you give a child a MAC book, an iPod, a GPS receiver, or an iTouch while teaching SOLs. I've learned that lots of teachers have invited us into their classrooms with our carts, projectors, laptops, and clickers and then have invited us back! At the end of this month, I will retire after 30 years of teaching and I've learned that a classroom that uses technology will always keep students engaged and wanting more!!

August 21, 2009 So, I've just finished Week 1 of the new Bedford ITRT program. On day 1, we all received our brand new Blackberry phones, This would have been a truly magnificent day for anyone who loves new phones, I believe if you're remote-control challenged you're probably phone challenged. To me, the phone is simply a way to call someone and deliver bad news or share good news. Is a phone really to be used for synching calendars, sending voice notes, and using a browser to receive hundred of daily emails? The answer to this question os YES! Be mindful that you have to learn how to perform all these functions while scrolling through about 40 different icons. I am happy to tell all of you that I have tried many of the above mentioned tasks with some success, but I had forgotten to let one of my fellow ITRTs show me how to make a phone call....To read Confessions of a Wimpy ITRT follow this link.

3 comments:

Bethany Butcher said...

I agree that Technology DOES Rock!

Unknown said...

And you ROCK, too Mrs. Newman!

Crystal Surber said...

We will miss you Mrs. Debbie Newman. May your retirement be wonderful!