Apps on BCPS Devices

Evernote and Evernote Peek Apps for iPad


So aside from being the cutest little app icons around, how can Evernote and Evernote Peek be useful in your classroom?

Ask your students what they think the adorable little elephant icons and the Evernote and Evernote Peek apps have in common.  Without even knowing what the apps can do, they may come up with answers indicating "good memory" or "never forgets" based on the old saying that "an elephant never forgets".  I don't know the actual validity of that saying or how good an elephant's memory truly is, but I do know that the Evernote and Evernote Peek apps help me and my students remember lots of things.
In my daily life, I like to use Evernote to help me remember anything from daily to-do items, to grocery lists, to ideas.  If I create a note in the Evernote app on my smartphone, it automatically syncs to Evernote on my computer and my iPad. 
So how can this help my students?  Using the Evernote App, I can create study "notebooks" for anything I want my students to learn from Spanish terms, to historical events, to math vocabulary.  The note title will become the clue and the note body will become the answer.  Once you've created your clues, open the Evernote Peek app and log in to your Evernote account to download the study notebook into Peek.  Just lift the iPad smartcover to reveal the clue, then lift a little more to reveal the answer.  Close the cover and repeat to view the next clue.  Study time has never been so fun!

Visit the BCPS Technology Help Desk to view a detailed explanation on how to use Evernote and Evernote Peek to create study notebooks for your students.

1 comment:

KLarsen said...

Debbie P, this is a FABULOUS blog post! It kept my attention the whole time--I love these apps, too!